Custom Search

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Save Money With Your Credit Cards Gas Rewards Program By Henry O'Shea

Credit Cards Gas Rewards Programs used to be meaningless. I mean getting back 5 or 6 percent on a fill up of gas was minuscule. But now that gas is so high, getting back 5% is now going to save you a lot of money.
Filling up my van twice a week used to cost me around $50 but nowadays, its costing me closer to $200 and with no end in site, I started looking around for a credit card that would give me some cash back. What I found was that there are quite a few  offering cash back rewards for using your credit card at the pump.
Among the best deals I found was The BP Rewards Visa by Chase Bank. They give you a whopping 10% cash back for filling up at any BP station with your credit card. 10% is a lot of money when you're spending close to a thousand dollars a month on gas. Heck its even a lot of money if you're spending $400 dollars. For every $10 I spend I get a dollar back. That adds up to alt of extra cash over the course of the year.
Another good one I found was the Chase Bank Perfect Card Mastercard. They are giving you 6% cash back on any type of gasoline you buy. Not too shabby. That's more than you get saving your money in the bank. And they are giving you a 0% APR for the first 6 months, and no annual fees. So its really a no brainer.
The key to really saving money with these Gas Rewards Credit Cards is to pay off your monthly bill as soon as possible. You at least have to pay what you spent on gas for the month. You would have spent the cash anyway so pay it to your credit card bill.
Save your receipts and learn to pay off your gas bills each month.
So if you want to save money on gas, do your homework and get a credit card that gives you cash back instantly each time you purchase gas. The more gas you use the more you will save in the long run.
Henry O'Shea is A Former Travel Agent and Photographer currently living the good life, traveling and just having fun. Learn more about Credit Cards Gas Rewards Programs Here

No comments:

Post a Comment